Monday 15 February 2016

Sia's Elastic Heart Has Answers to All of Life's Questions.

Whether we admit it or not, we turn to pop culture for escape. And, for answers to questions life and people throw at us. So you cannot even begin to imagine my surprise when I found out how I could directly use the lyrics from Sia's epic breakup anthem Elastic Heart to answer some questions people are bound to ask me. No, really, have a look.

When I don't show up for my best friend's nephew's birthday?

And I wanted it, I wanted it bad
But there were so many red flags



Any exit interview question can be answered with:

I've got thick skin and an elastic heart
But your blade it might be too sharp



If the HR still prods and asks you why exactly you are looking to switch jobs:

I'm like a rubberband until you pull too hard
I may snap and I move fast
But you won't see me fall apart
'Cos I've got an elastic heart



When your old boss/ex/frenemy asks you how you are holding up these days:

You did not break me
I'm still fighting for peace



Client asks you which social media platforms or websites they should consider for a campaign:

Wanted to fight this war without weapons

No comments: