Tuesday 20 October 2015

Simpsons Once Made a Beautiful Oscar-Nominated Film While Thrashing Ayn Rand.

I've been watching The Simpsons for over two decades now. Can I say the same about any other TV show? Are there even any TV shows that run for decades anyway? But I'm not writing today to talk about The Simpsons' legacy with respect to pop culture. Or their impact on my life. Or how they help me write blog posts with really, really strange headlines. I'm writing today to share this beautiful film the Simpsons team created. It's really sweet, and yet like a classic Simpsons episode it has some sinister undertones. Plus it gets browny points for poking fun at Ayn Rand.














PS: You get a hug if you notice the ethereal beauty of the background score. No, it's not John Williams. It's Hans Zimmer. 

No comments: