Saturday 4 April 2015

I Still Hold On To the Rails When My Treadmill Stops.

I've been running on a treadmill for some 10 months now. My pace has improved. My stamina even more so. But what I still can't figure out is how to stop it and then get off without using some support. And then I see this superb commercial from NordicTrack. It's from a Nordic (I guess so) exercise equipment company.

They have some 40 odd dancers busting some supercool moves while jogging on a treadmill. Granted I can do drum rolls while running but this is a different ballgame altogether. The best part? This is a sales commercial announcing NordicTrack's 15% discount. Sales commercials are the lowest hanging fruits in advertising. Little to no effort is put to make them more attractive or fun. So I was pleasantly surprised to find this jolly little video online.



PS: If you check the video description, you would see how they listed EVERYONE on the video. People don't realise that there's no word count on YouTube video descriptions. So, the good folk at NordicTrack put in a word for themselves, then their dancers, and then the agency. They were even nice enough to share the YouTube links of the Vine stars they hired in the video. Savvy marketing. Generous in sharing credit. NordicTrack, you've won my heart.

PPS: Quick update. With some courage and balance, I got off the treadmill today without leaning on the handles or the console.






No comments: