Wednesday 6 August 2008

'About me' or something not 'About me'

You were on orkut before visiting this page? You were, I know. The funny thing about orkut is the fact that almost everyone becomes something they dream of or something they want to be.

If you still don’t get me, am talking about the ‘About Me’ section on orkut. It’s totally hilarious! WHY? Hypocrisy makes it hilarious, people write adjectives, adjectives not even defining one tenth of their persona, most insecure people out there tend to describe themselves as something they always wanted to be and maybe they never would be that. It makes me laugh, why can’t people accept themselves the way they are? Be yourself, you can’t run, so what if you ain’t that great, accept yourself first if you really wanna change…

Wow! Don’t I sound like a spiritual guru! But let me put a smile on your face, here are some of the about me “interpretations”, I’d come across, they are right most of the time.* conditions do apply*

‘Hii am the Koolest n da cutest guy out there” which means ‘I look average, My last girl friend dumped me , that too happened 15 years ago and now a days even my imaginary friends are avoiding me’
I had a classmate, it was mandatory for her to use ‘F**k’ in every sentence, I never got the point you know, found it necessary to make fun of every other girl’s assets and accessories (btw, she wasn’t of the Angelina Jolie sorts herself) and she absolutely loved bitching and cribbing! Sometimes I wonder if she was bipolar or something.
Now here’s her about me section:’ Am an angel of the truest kind. I love everything around me and make sure that I put a smile on everyone’s place, People get astounded with my aura, stay away from me ,before my charm gets you and makes you another one of the millions I have charmed with my million dollar smile and mind boggling persona.’(About the smile thing, she really needed a dentist)



Now the more common one’s like:-
‘I am here for Frandship, its everything for me, my Frands form my life, so lets be frands which means that ‘The girls who have met me avoid me and am trying my luck online. What say? Let’s fool around a bit..’


The one more prominent on the women side that have somewhat like 600 or 700 friends:-
‘I am very very very very very cute and am very very very sweet and am super friendly and my smile is beautiful enough to capture empires, grow mercy and mirth in the heart of the most ruthless and cruel people’ which usually means I am going to upload pictures of Priyanka Chopra and Priety Zinta and say I look like them, in your wildest dreams would you have a chance to see my real picture.


The most pathetic part is after writing all this people say ‘I don’t really believe in self praise’

‘Am very funny and I can make anyone smile’ meaning that, I crack a lot of PJs and only I laugh at them and I sent people a lot of forwards through mails and sms.


Open your eyes, you would catch plenty of people, trying to be the heroes of their own stories, only online though. I hope I haven’t offended anyone and if I have I really didn’t mean too! Take care and keep smiling!

10 comments:

Venusallure said...

Well well well...whether someone did land here form orkut or not, you definately did rummage through lot of profiles.
So for starters: No, i landed here from my own blog following your comment.
And yes, orkut might have a conenction considering i remember reading this "darr hai mountain dew hai..." something line somewhere before on orkut...ah was that you!!!!???? [What the hell is darr's relation to dew? Or should i refrain from asking as it is some commercial circulating on NDTV, ZEETV,SDTV, QWTV...and any other remaining alphabet TV in India?]
Now on to the said profile descriptions, i agree. Completely yes. Do I agree witht he suggestion of people being themselves? NOOOOOOO. If they are obnoxious now, they themselves would be zillion times more or zillion times less but either way annoying. This way at least they provide for humor.
you cannot blame them for being such though as orkut provides options such as mirror cracking looks or something and so on.
On about Me sections, it is supposed to provide a creative platform not a me me mememememe panel. And if you do chose to do mememe panel do it well umm creatively. Let me read it and enjoy your rant of memememe and me
And yes i do agree witht he "kooles" "cutest" "angels" and "studs" of Orkut. [Stud always reminds me of a horse and yes that is it an emanciated rugged old in front of manhatten buggy horse who was a stud on tracks about 20 years ago and got the first crak at all the mares. Now is this the image or the role guys are aiming for?]

Oh and before I digress and go on and on...On the self appreciating part...I resent. I DO know I am quite marvelous. I don't need adjectives and if i do use them i mean them and not seek validations from the rest for mirrors are truly my best friends and I am a cynical narcissist. And adding to that note I do have a dry and sarcastic personality and am not goofy and cute and sweet at the same time. Now that is another conundrum most orkuttians face, which you forgot to mention. All right I guess I will take that up as a continuation and perhaps jot a line or two

PS: ah all in all a nice read...and umm Angie is kinda not so hot and definately not a goddess [yep, you guessed it right :D]

...Rupeet [aka Venusallure]

Unknown said...

the darr wala line was written sarcastically , C'mon a frigging soft drink doesn't turn boys to men..

Even I agree obnoxious profiles provide humor but when one has to deal with people having these profiles, it certainly doesn't help a lot.

and about Angelina,ever since I 'Discovered' women I was smitten over her eyes and lips !!!!
you can't make me change my opinions about her!

PS: thanx for the comment

ruchi said...

its a nice read...i liked d part where u described d grl who brags abt herself in ur class...nd overall d post is very true n entertaining....!!
wow m best frenz wid a very good riter nd observer...!! :)

ps:i dunno wats wid guys nd der obsession wid angelinaz lips...!!

Preet said...

I likd dat one.....A true account....

Angie's admirer.. ;D

David Antony said...

mr. UD with his masterpiece again, treading on toes but making sure he's soft enough while he does that ;-) hai na? :-D

straight from the heart, bang onto target....

keep 'em coming...

@Rupeet - well, your comment merits another blog article :-D

Unknown said...

David, thanks man!

Blank Space said...

woo...good one..........shot a bulls eye but in such a style tht no one comes to no it........but looks like yer quite pissed of with these ppl?is it??

Sameeta Kambli said...

Brilliant post!
As dave_cybercoolie said, treading on the toes, but in such a manner that no one's hurt, ur sarcastic write up is absolutely impressive. It is a nice way to say you are wrong!
Whatever you said is true!
1 profile which could never go out of my mind, had an "about me" written in which he had all that graffiti style copy-pasted material from someone else's profile and maybe he did not notice it, at the start it was written I AM COOL..and after some enough amount of scrolling he'd written I AM HOT..well as a matter of fact he is neither of the two!!! :P
keep writing such stuff!

Ragini said...

Hello, I personally think that Angelina's lips are hideous. getting back to the point, this is my first time at your blog and I've read just this one post. However, I did scroll down and notice that you've refrained from using internet abbreviations in this one. Please continue doing that. The post is strictly okay (not that I write well...). I liked the imaginary friends part.

Ankitha said...

hey gr8 post. peple definitely do have a tendency of projecting a superficial image of themselves and it most certainly is a turn off. very nicely written and as always i love your humour.