Thursday 17 October 2013

Diamonds Still Are a Girl's Best Friend or That's What this Commercial Is Saying.

I am not one to actually endorse diamonds or let alone believe them to be a symbol of everlasting love. Although I am not the ones to shy away from what a brilliant advertising campaign can do to a dying category. Regardless of my opinion on diamonds and how I would never allow a close family,friend or even my unfortunate future spouse to get hold of any diamond jewellery, I have to admit this ad from Forevermark is stunning. Great production values too. The voice over although reminds you of everything that is wrong with voice overs in advertising. But some of the individual shots, the sun seeping in the room, the kid playing with his mother's necklace, they all add up in the end. They all somehow make you believe that, 'Yes, when I go down on my knee to pop a question, it will be with a diamond ring.' 


No comments: